MBSR Teaching Practice Intensive
MBSR Teaching Practice Intensive
Saturday 03.09. – Saturday 10.09.
A Residential Event on the Isle of Wight
Living Inside Participant-Practitioner Perspectives
In this final part of our Mindfulness Teacher Training, you will have the opportunity to explore issues and questions arising out of your experience of the programme, to engage in guiding others in formal and informal mindfulness practice and study the contextual background of MBSR.
This provides the opportunity for you to challenge your MBSR curriculum and handbook against the classes, as taught by Susann Herrmann, Dipl-Psych. (MA) – your Mindfulness Teacher Training Supervisor. Taking these classes, along with your fellow trainees, gives you the opportunity to directly experience the impact of your facilitating (teaching) and to receive feedback on the spot, providing you with the courage and self-confidence to teach.
Our time together will be spent in silence when we practice, and in reflective investigation as we learn through small and larger group processes.
The Teaching Practice Intensive consists of 61 hours in total. As a participant in this Intensive you will be asked to:
- Examine, in detail, the MBSR curriculum and programme flow
- Guide other seminar participants in mindfulness practices from within in the MBSR curriculum
- Study the experiential, didactic, and conceptual elements of MBSR
- Practice the skills of enquiry, dialogue and group dynamics that are the hallmarks of MBSR
- Inquire and reflect on a range of issues arising out of the experience and principles of MBSR
- Explore your identity and integrity as a teacher of MBSR
Details: MBSR Teaching Practice Intensive
Led by our Guiding Teacher
Application Deadline: Mon 25 July 2022
Mon 25 July 2022
- Relational Mindfulness Intensive
- 3 MBSR 8-week programmes
- one to write your personal MBSR curriculum and handbook
- one to review your personal MBSR curriculum and handbook
- at least one facilitated MBSR 8-week programme under supervision
- MBSR OnlineLIVE Supervision
- at least 5 OnlineLIVE MBSR Group Supervision (90 minutes each) or
- at least 8 OnlineLIVE One2One Supervision (60 minutes each)
- An on-going personal meditation practice
Dates & Timings:
Sat 03.09. – Sat 10.09.
Please arrive on the first day between 4 and 6pm to allow time to get settled into your room before orientation in the evening. The training ends on the final day at 12.30pm.
- Tuition Fee (does not include accommodation or board fee):
- £ 1,225 Standard Rate
- £ 1,102.50 Discount Rate – Friends Membership
- Accommodation charges:
Bed & Breakfast and an early afternoon Snack with Tea’s, Coffee & Refreshments at Hill View House
- Single occupancy: £ 560
How to apply
Please send your application by email and include:
- Your current CV or resume, which includes information about your professional training and graduate degree, if any, in the fields of health care, psychology, education or a related field
- A covering letter which includes the following:
- How you meet all of the Intensive’s prerequisites (including a copy of your curriculum and handbook),
- How you learned about the Teacher Training, what draws you to participate in it, and your vision or intentions for integrating it into your work,
- A description and brief history of your personal psychological and spiritual development,
- A description and brief history of your meditation training, your regularity of practice, all teacher-led retreats you have attended, and the meaning of practice in your life and work,
- A description and brief history of your yoga or other bodywork training and practice,
- A description and brief history of your teaching of MBSR
Application Notification within 2 weeks upon receipt of the application.
Travelling to the Teaching Intensive
Travelling to the island via Lymington Pier to Yarmouth (IOW) by WightLink car ferry is the most direct way to Freshwater Bay. Taxi time from Yarmouth (IOW) to Freshwater Bay is approximately five minutes.
Further Information can be found here >>
Centre for Mindful Living Cancellation Policy
Despite the easing of the COVID-19 measures, we will continue to keep our temporary changes to our cancellation policy. Be assured that all bookings made, will be honoured and a forward credit applied if circumstances change due to the virus.
This Residential Event will take place at Hill View House, Isle of Wight.
If the Residential Event has to be cancelled due to (Local) Government Guidance, we will hold your booking while we look to reschedule the event, or we would host the event online. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled in person or online event, then a forward credit of the full tuition fee, towards any future events we host, will apply.
If your circumstances change and you are unable to attend due to the virus, then we will offer a forward credit towards a future event with us.
Our liability is limited to providing a forward credit. We recommend participants have adequate insurance to cover any cancelled travel or personal expenses.
Hill View House Cancellation Policy
In light of the Covid 19 Pandemic and the government advice, they have amended their cancellation policy to the following – 50% refund for cancellations up to 48 hours before arrival. For cancellations less than 48 hours before arrival, the full booking balance will be due.
The above updated cancellation policies replace the cancellation policies stated in the Terms & Conditions for the IC.CML and Hill View House. These updated cancellation policies will be valid as long as Covid-19 measures have to be in place.
Hill View House is a 5 bedroomed detached house, nestling at the top of the hill in Bedbury Lane Freshwater. The garden has undergone a recent makeover and offers a perfect place to unwind. You will discover 3 pianos in the house which you are invited to use, and a very adorable dog called Charley (double doodle) who loves everyone.
The house is an 8-minute walk to the beautiful Freshwater Bay with Orchards grocery store and the famous Piano Cafe. Farringford (the home of Alfred Lord Tennyson) is situated just across the road!
We look forward to welcoming you, Pam & Charley
We look forward to welcoming you,
Pam & Charley