MBSR Teaching Practice Intensive
Wednesday 09.06. – Tuesday 15.06.
A Residential Event on the Isle of Wight – UK
Living Inside Participant-Practitioner Perspectives
In this final part of our Mindfulness Teacher Training, you will have the opportunity to explore issues and questions arising out of your experience of the programme, to engage in guiding others in formal and informal mindfulness practice and study the contextual background of MBSR.
This provides the opportunity for you to challenge your MBSR curriculum and handbook against the classes, as taught by Susann Herrmann, Dipl-Psych. (MA) – your Mindfulness Teacher Training Supervisor. Taking these classes, along with your fellow trainees, gives you the opportunity to directly experience the impact of your facilitating (teaching) and to receive feedback on the spot, providing you with the courage and self-confidence to teach.
Our time together will be spent in silence when we practice, and in reflective investigation as we learn through small and larger group processes.
The Teaching Practice Intensive consists of 61 hours in total. As a participant in this Intensive you will be asked to:
- Examine, in detail, the MBSR curriculum and programme flow
- Guide other seminar participants in mindfulness practices from within in the MBSR curriculum
- Study the experiential, didactic, and conceptual elements of MBSR
- Practice the skills of enquiry, dialogue and group dynamics that are the hallmarks of MBSR
- Inquire and reflect on a range of issues arising out of the experience and principles of MBSR
- Explore your identity and integrity as a teacher of MBSR
Application Deadline for Summer Intensive 2021: Mon 17 May
Details: MBSR Teaching Practice Intensive
Led by our Guiding Teacher
Cosy Wolf is a stunning Georgian house, set in 2 acres of beautiful gardens. The property has undergone extensive refurbishment since January 2020, and offers superb facilities, in a tranquil setting 20 minutes walk from Freshwater.
Due to the current Covid-19 regulations, our training is for single room occupancy only and all meals provided will be served to us. We will be staying at Cosy Wolf on a half-board basis of breakfast and dinner, with Tea’s, Coffee & Snacks in between.
- Relational Mindfulness Intensive
- 3 MBSR 8-week programmes
- one to write your personal MBSR curriculum and handbook
- one to review your personal MBSR curriculum and handbook
- at least one facilitated MBSR 8-week programme under supervision
- MBSR OnlineLIVE Supervision
- at least 5 OnlineLIVE MBSR Group Supervision (90 minutes each) or
- at least 8 OnlineLIVE One2One Supervision (60 minutes each)
- An on-going personal meditation practice
Dates & Timings:
Wed 09.06. – Tue 15.06.
Please arrive on the first day between 4 and 6pm to allow time to get settled into your room before dinner at 6.30pm and orientation in the evening. The training ends on the final day at 12.30pm.
Please send your application by email and include:
- Your current CV or resume, which includes information about your professional training and graduate degree, if any, in the fields of health care, psychology, education or a related field
- A covering letter which includes the following:
- How you meet all of the Intensive’s prerequisites (including a copy of your curriculum and handbook),
- How you learned about the Teacher Training, what draws you to participate in it, and your vision or intentions for integrating it into your work,
- A description and brief history of your personal psychological and spiritual development,
- A description and brief history of your meditation training, your regularity of practice, all teacher-led retreats you have attended, and the meaning of practice in your life and work,
- A description and brief history of your yoga or other bodywork training and practice,
- A description and brief history of your teaching of MBSR
Application Notification within 2 weeks upon receipt of the application.
Traveling to the Teaching Intensive
Traveling to the island via Lymington Pier to Yarmouth (IOW), by WightLink car ferry is the most direct way to Freshwater Bay. Taxi time from Yarmouth (IOW) to Freshwater Bay is approximately five minutes.
Further Information can be found here >>
Centre for Mindful Living Cancellation Policy
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak we have made some temporary changes to our cancellation policy. Be assured that all bookings made, will be honoured and a forward credit applied if circumstances change.
This Residential Event will take place at Cosy Wolf, Isle of Wight.
If the Residential Event has to be cancelled due to (Local) Government Guidance, we will hold your booking while we look to reschedule the event, or we would host the event online. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled in person or online event, then a forward credit of the full tuition fee, towards any future events we host, will apply.
If your circumstances change and you are unable to attend, then we will offer a forward credit towards a future event with us.
Our liability is limited to providing a forward credit. We recommend participants have adequate insurance to cover any cancelled travel or personal expenses.
Cosy Wolf Cancellation Policy
In light of the Covid 19 Pandemic and the government advice, they have amended their cancellation policy to the following – 100% refund for cancellations up to 7 days before arrival. 50% refund for cancellations between 6 days and 48 hours before arrival. For cancellations less than 48 hours before arrival, the full booking balance will be due.
The above updated cancellation policies replace the cancellation policies stated in the Terms & Conditions for the IC.CML and Cosy Wolf Bed & Breakfast. These updated cancellation policies will be valid as long as Covid-19 measures have to be in place.
Flight over Freshwater Bay on a Lovely Day!
Video by WightFlight using DJI Phantom 3 Pro.