MBSR Teaching Practice Intensive
Thursday 09.06. – Thursday 16.06.
A Residential Event on the Isle of Wight – UK
Living Inside Participant-Practitioner Perspectives
In this final part of our Mindfulness Teacher Training, you will have the opportunity to explore issues and questions arising out of your experience of the programme, to engage in guiding others in formal and informal mindfulness practice and study the contextual background of MBSR.
This provides the opportunity for you to challenge your MBSR curriculum and handbook against the classes, as taught by Susann Herrmann, Dipl-Psych. (MA) – your Mindfulness Teacher Training Supervisor. Taking these classes, along with your fellow trainees, gives you the opportunity to directly experience the impact of your facilitating (teaching) and to receive feedback on the spot, providing you with the courage and self-confidence to teach.
Our time together will be spent in silence when we practice, and in reflective investigation as we learn through small and larger group processes.
The Teaching Practice Intensive consists of 61 hours in total. As a participant in this Intensive you will be asked to:
- Examine, in detail, the MBSR curriculum and programme flow
- Guide other seminar participants in mindfulness practices from within in the MBSR curriculum
- Study the experiential, didactic, and conceptual elements of MBSR
- Practice the skills of enquiry, dialogue and group dynamics that are the hallmarks of MBSR
- Inquire and reflect on a range of issues arising out of the experience and principles of MBSR
- Explore your identity and integrity as a teacher of MBSR
Application Deadline for Summer Intensive 2022: Mon 09 May
Details: MBSR Teaching Practice Intensive
Led by our Guiding Teacher
Cosy Wolf is a stunning Georgian house, set in 2 acres of beautiful gardens. The property has undergone extensive refurbishment since January 2020, and offers superb facilities, in a tranquil setting 20 minutes walk from Freshwater.
- Relational Mindfulness Intensive
- 3 MBSR 8-week programmes
- one to write your personal MBSR curriculum and handbook
- one to review your personal MBSR curriculum and handbook
- at least one facilitated MBSR 8-week programme under supervision
- MBSR OnlineLIVE Supervision
- at least 5 OnlineLIVE MBSR Group Supervision (90 minutes each) or
- at least 8 OnlineLIVE One2One Supervision (60 minutes each)
- An on-going personal meditation practice
Dates & Timings:
Thu 09.06. – Thu 16.06.
Please arrive on the first day between 4 and 6pm to allow time to get settled into your room before orientation in the evening. The training ends on the final day at 12.30pm.
- Tuition Fee (does not include accommodation or board fee):
- £ 1,225 Standard Rate
- £ 1,102.50 Discount Rate – Friends Membership
- Accommodation charges: TBC
Please send your application by email and include:
- Your current CV or resume, which includes information about your professional training and graduate degree, if any, in the fields of health care, psychology, education or a related field
- A covering letter which includes the following:
- How you meet all of the Intensive’s prerequisites (including a copy of your curriculum and handbook),
- How you learned about the Teacher Training, what draws you to participate in it, and your vision or intentions for integrating it into your work,
- A description and brief history of your personal psychological and spiritual development,
- A description and brief history of your meditation training, your regularity of practice, all teacher-led retreats you have attended, and the meaning of practice in your life and work,
- A description and brief history of your yoga or other bodywork training and practice,
- A description and brief history of your teaching of MBSR
Application Notification within 2 weeks upon receipt of the application.
Traveling to the Teaching Intensive
Traveling to the island via Lymington Pier to Yarmouth (IOW), by WightLink car ferry is the most direct way to Freshwater Bay. Taxi time from Yarmouth (IOW) to Freshwater Bay is approximately five minutes.
Further Information can be found here >>
Flight over Freshwater Bay on a Lovely Day!
Video by WightFlight using DJI Phantom 3 Pro.